The course aims to provide you with the knowledge and essential skills to enable you to carry out food production and cooking duties in a wide range of organisations.
- Understand the legislation in the food and hospitality business
- Understand food allergies when producing dishes for individuals who suffer from food allergies
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment and follow emergency procedures when necessary
- Understand and apply the principles and practices of effective teamwork to enhance your team's productivity and performance
- Maintain personal hygiene and food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Contribute to kitchen control and efficiency
- Maintain and deal with customer payments
Food Production and Cooking Level 2 can lead to a career in a wide range of hospitality and catering businesses and/or you can choose to progress to further studies in the industry.