The course aims to provide you with the knowledge and essential skills to enable you to carry out a combination of food and beverage service duties in a wide range of organisations.
- Understand the legislation in the food and beverage service sector
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment helping to spot and deal with hazards and following emergency procedures when necessary
- Understand and apply the principles and practices of effective teamwork to enhance your team's productivity and performance
- Maintain personal hygiene and food safety when storing, holding and serving food
- Understand how to serve food at the table as well as alcoholic and soft drinks
- Understand the foundations of barista skills
- Maintain cellars and kegs ensuring that equipment is in working order and that conditions are correct
- Maintain and deal with customer payments
- Prepare and clear service areas
Food and Beverage Service Level 2 can lead to a career in a wide range of hospitality and catering businesses and/or you can choose to progress to further studies in the industry.