The course aims to provide you with the knowledge and essential skills to enable you to competently carry out health and social care.
- Understand communication types and communicate effectively to support service users
- Understand the role of health and social worker and engage in personal development
- Promote person-centred approaches, equality and inclusion
- Implement duty of care
- Understand principles of safeguarding and protection, and promote health and safety
- Handle personal information
- Understand legislation and policies relating to prevention and control of infections
- Provide safe and acceptable mobility support
- Understand food safety requirements and nutrition, and deliver care when handling food and drink
- Manage personal care and hygiene needs
- Support individuals with specific communication needs
- Understand medication legislation, prescribe, handle and administer medication
- Support individuals in using assistive technology
Health and Social Care (Adults) Level 3 will enable you to progress into employment and/or further studies in the health and social care sector.