The course aims to provide you with the knowledge and essential skills required to progress onto the relevant engineering pathway available at Level 3.
- Work safely, complying with health and safety regulations, workplace requirements as well as environmental standards and legislation
- Implement accident and emergency procedures in the workplace
- Explain the relevance of engineering information, describe the difference between the abbreviations and notations used on various standard engineering drawings, circuit diagrams or piping layouts, and interpret engineering information
- Describe the difference between a range and form of supply of materials commonly used in engineering; state the defects that can occur in materials/products and explain the importance of controlling them, and select materials to meet specification requirements in a typical engineering environment
- Understand and apply principles of engineering calculations and equations
- Understand quality control processes in engineering
- Produce different types of engineering drawings
Engineering Mandatory Units Level 3 will enable you to progress onto the engineering pathway of your choice.